Vegetarian Curry Hot Pot with Quorn Meatless Grounds
Meal prep a high protein lunch or dinner this week by cooking an exotic Vegetarian Curry Hot Pot with Quorn Meatless Grounds. Prepare 4 - 6 containers with wholegrain rice and a refreshing mint & cucumber salad in only 30 minutes.
For the curry:
- 200g Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 400g chickpeas
- 400g adzuki beans
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of washed spinach
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- Low cal cooking spray
- 150g wholegrain rice
- Fresh mint yoghurt
- Slice of lemon for each container
- For the salad
- 1/2 red onion
- Splash olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 lime - squeezed
- Handful of mint leaves
For the curry:
- Spray low cal butter cooking spray into a pan (alternatively heat oil or butter over medium-heat) & add 1 chopped onion.
- After 2 minutes, add 1 tbsp. of cumin, mustard powder, turmeric, garam masala and 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes and stir to release the aroma from the spices.
- Add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and a tin of chickpeas with their water.
- On the side, peel and chop 3 sweet potatoes into chunks.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with 1 cup of washed spinach.
- Mix and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add a cup of Quorn Meatless Grounds and allow the pan to slowly simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are softened, add a tin of Adzuki beans (in their water) and another cup of washed spinach.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with wholegrain rice, fresh mint yoghurt and slice a of lemon.
For the salad:
- Cut 1 cucumber and half a red onion in thin slices and add them to a bowl.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt to the bowl.
- Squeeze half a lime and add in fresh mint leaves.
- Mix well together.
Based on a single 575g portion size
|of which saturates||1.4g|
|of which sugars||19.4g|