Wholebean Wonderbowl with Quorn Vegan Pieces
We hope you enjoy this delicious recipe curated by our wonderful Nutrition Analysis Intern, Agatha Chan. It really is the perfect lunchtime dish, especially if you’re giving Veganuary a go this year! Don’t forget to tag us in your pics on social @quorn_nutrition to be in with a chance of featuring on our page. Happy Veganuary!
- 300g Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 can of green peas, canned, fresh or frozen
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 280g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can of sweetcorn
- 150g whole wheat fusilli
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 tsp teriyaki sauce
- A handful of chopped parsley
- For the Lemon-Maple Vinaigrette
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 70ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Empty the drained red kidney beans, chickpeas and green peas into a saucepan and heat gently. Stir occasionally for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Boil water in a large pan and add a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the wholewheat pasta into the boiling water, stir occasionally. Cook as per pack instructions, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Thinly chop the red onion, then place in hot water for 10 minutes to remove the rawness.
- Prepare another pan and add 150g water and the teriyaki sauce. Bring to a boil, add the Quorn Vegan Pieces, reduce to simmer and cook for 12 minutes.
- Build your bowl with the different ingredients.
- Finally, make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a bowl or jug. Add the dressing to the salad, mix well and enjoy!
Based on a single 612g portion size
|of which saturates||3.1g|
|of which sugars||22g|