Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces Papaya Salad with Apple Balsamic
A delicious, light and refreshing dish. Great as a quick and healthy lunch or as a mid-week dinner and a great source of fibre and protein. You can prepare it before hand and have an easy on-the-go lunch, just make sure you store the dressing in a separate container.
- 280g Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces, defrosted
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 8 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 2 papaya, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut into very thin ribbons
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- 10g coriander, chopped
- 10g mint leaves, chopped
- Ingredients for Salad Dressing
- 100ml fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl, add the Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces, stir well then cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the marinated Quorn Vegan Pieces on a lightly greased baking sheet and cook in the middle of the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine the ingredients for the salad and mix well. Drizzle the salad dressing over.
- Arrange on a plate and top with the baked Quorn Vegan Pieces, garnish with mint sprigs.
Based on a single 572g portion size
|of which saturates||2.6g|
|of which sugars||13.3g|