How about tonight you enjoy one of Spain’s most famous dishes, flavoured with saffron and smoked paprika. Packing a tasty punch with colour, flavour, protein and fibre, our Quorn Paella is a firm favourite! Did you know that Paella takes its name from the wide shallow traditional pan used to cook the dish? Here at Quorn, we try to reduce our food waste as much as we can, that’s why we’ve also created a delicious recipe that you can cook up with your leftover Quorn Paella. Click here to try our Reinvention Test and impress your friends with our Quorn Arancini Balls, using leftover Quorn Paella.
- 300g Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 2tbsp of oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 200g fine green beans
- 400g tomatoes
- 2 x 5ml spoons smoked paprika
- 1 x 5ml spoons mild chilli powder
- 250g paella rice
- 200g red lentils
- 1.2L reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1x 400g tin butter beans in water
- 340g frozen peas
- Bunch parsley
- Garnish – optional
- Lemon wedges
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Deseed and slice the peppers into thin strips.
- Cut the beans into bite sized pieces.
- De skin the tomatoes by making a small nick in the base of the tomato skin with a sharp knife then place the tomatoes into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 30 seconds then transfer the tomatoes with a slotted spoon into a bowl of cold water. When cool, the skins will slip of the tomatoes.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Soak the saffron strands into 1 x 15ml spoon of water.
- Heat the oil in a large open deep pan.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and peppers and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the saffron and the water, the paprika and chilli powder. Stirring to cook the spices for 1 minute.
- Add the paella rice and stir well to coat in the spices.
- Rinse the lentils under running water then add to the pan.
- Add the stock, stir, and turn up the heat to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and turn down the heat to a simmer (gently bubbling) for 12 minutes.
- Next add the Quorn Meatless Pieces, green beans and chopped tomatoes, stir then leave to simmer gently for 8 minutes.
- Drain the butter beans in a colander and add to the paella.
- Add the peas and stir to combine.
- The rice should be tender and nearly all the stock absorbed. Add a little more hot water if the mixture is too dry. Taste and season.
- Chop the parsley.
- To serve, divide between 4 large open bowls. Chop the parsley and sprinkle over the paella and garnish with wedges of lemon and black or green olives if using.
Click here to try our Reinvention Test and impress your friends with our Quorn Arancini Balls, using leftover Quorn Paella.